After the advent of smartphones, the marketing strategy took a whole new turn. Now customers can be reached by phones and nobody wanted to miss this opportunity but they were also not aware of the means to target. As the time grew people understood the requirement of a website then with local search SEO, the businesses flourished in towns with customers able to communicate to the nearby vendors.
After a while, Google launched an algorithm named Mobilegeddon. The algorithm brought business for the website design and development companies. It tests the website’s credibility on the basis of its outlook on mobile. This brought joy even to the SEO service providers because now mobile SEO is another marketing technique.
Let’s see the ground rules of this game,
- Larger fonts- A website must have larger fonts when accessed on the mobiles to facilitate the user a good look at the text without enlarging it.
- Responsive design- Website development companies suggest developing a responsive design that can fit the screen of any size of mobiles. This is an important feature as it prevents the distortion of the content when accessed on smaller screens.
- No un-accessible content- Digital marketing agencies suggest that if a content cannot be accessed on the mobiles better to hide it than display “NOT ACCESSIBLE” sign.
- Loading speed- If the website is accessible on mobiles then it must have a faster loading speed so that it could be accessed on the mobile data even in remote areas.
- Good amount of spaces at regular intervals- Unlike keyboards, mobile screens have a very rigid boundary. Therefore, experts suggest keeping a good amount of space in between the buttons to avoid an accident on the user’s part.
This algorithm does not affect the SEO ranking on the desktops but sure it tests the mobile presence of the website and if it looks promising, the website gets an A grade.
Keep optimizing! Keep growing!